About Me

My photo

Kevin J Kennedy is the co-author of You Only Get One Shot, and the man behind the best-selling Collected Christmas Horror Shorts & Collected Easter Horror Shorts anthologies. His short stories have featured in many other notable anthologies in the horror genre.

 

Kevin lives in a small town in Scotland with his wife, step daughter and two strange little cats. 


Keep up to date with new releases or contact Kevin through his website: www.kevinjkennedy.co.uk

Monday, 21 November 2016

Some Christmas Horror Fun for Everyone




About two months ago I had an idea of putting a few of the short Christmas horror stories that I had lying around together and releasing them as a short collection. I contacted a few authors I am friends with to ask if they would like to add a short story at the back of the collection and the response was better than I ever could have hoped for.


Due to the number of authors interested in contributing I decided to write something new for it and only put the one story in just like everyone else. I've been a long time horror reader and since the early days of the internet I have always contacted authors if I enjoyed their work to let them know and have found them to be a really great group of people. With that in mind I decided to email a few of the authors that I have been reading for years now and see if it was of interest to them. Again the response was amazing. I now had an anthology in the making containing a lot of my favourite indie authors but also a bunch of authors that I have been reading over the last fifteen years.


Now I know how to put a book together and get it published but I'm no cover designer and my editing is not the best so this was the next set of hurdles. I have been writing for just over a year now and along the way I have been lucky to work with a few great publishers, authors, editors and more. Most recently I had been working with Stitched Smile Publications on a story entitled Flesh for their Unleashed: Monsters VS Zombies anthology. Lisa Vasquez who is the owner among many other things of Stitched Smile had been talking to me on and off about various horror related works and after being invited to submit a story to my Christmas collection ended up being our cover designer so that was another box ticked.


I still needed an editor and I had recently been sending all of my short stories that I was going to submit to various anthos to Brandy Yassa. Brandy was helping me out simply as a friend as she is an editor for Stitched Smile and some of my subs were for other publishers. We quickly found we worked well together. She has an eye for detail and provides great feedback on the story. This made Brandy a natural choice for the antho however I knew it would be a lot of work and we had a very short period of time to pull it all off. I offered and she accepted and that was our team in place.


Now to say that I couldn't be happier with the finished product is an understatement. I'm sure you will agree that the talent between these pages is truly a fantastic mix of what the horror genre has to offer. I hope you enjoy our tales of Christmas horror as much as we enjoyed writing them.


A massive thank you to everyone who took part in this project. I can't thank you enough.


Now, if you have made it this far, what the hell are you doing? Stop wasting time and go buy the book!


No comments:

Post a Comment