Thursday 8 September 2016

General Ramblings and Updates 3

I've had another few acceptances through so though I would post a few more updates.


Lisa Vasquez from Stitched Smile Publications has accepted my story 'Flesh' for the 'Unleashed' anthology which has a Monsters VS Zombie's theme. I believe this will be a two volume antho with an introduction from none other than David Wellington and containing stories by Jeff Stand and Mary Sangiovanni. How cool is that?


I've also been told my story has been accepted for the 'Monster's Among Us' antho by Bloody Kisses Press. I think I subbed this story around nine or ten months ago though and still haven't received a contract so I'm not holding my breath for this one. I got an email saying I was accepted and when I queried the contract I haven't heard back so needless to say this will be my last outing with these guys.


My story 'The Empty' has just been sent back to me for final edits from Michael Bray for the 'Burger Van and Other Short Stories' charity antho so hopefully that one will appear on Amazon in the not too distant future.


Riding The Dark Frontier, a weird west themed antho, containing my story 'Psycho Bill One Shot' will be available from the 28th of September.


Jaded Book Publishing have accepted my story 'The Gatekeeper' for their Halloween themed anthology, due out on Halloween day I believe.


Monster House, a flash fiction piece I wrote will appear in Spooky Halloween Drabble's 2016. Spooky Halloween Drabble's 2015 was the first anthology I had a story appear in so it's nice to be back with them a year down the line. Release date for this one is also Halloween day.


And last but certainly not least my short story 'Master Knows Best' appeared in the author showcase, in Iain Rob Wright's recent apocalyptic tale 'Tar'. To say I am a massive fan of Iain's work would be an understatement so this really was an achievement I can feel proud of.


I've now been writing for just over a year with my first story published just under eleven months ago and the time has just passed by. I have spent that time focused on sending stories to anthologies as you have probably gathered and have done better than I ever expected. I currently have a list of ten anthologies that I would like to submit to or have agreed I would contribute to and it seems a little overwhelming. I have therefor decided to add no more to the list. Once I have worked through them and got the stories sent off I will be focusing more on writing longer works somewhere between novella and novel length. I may release my own short story collection at some point but I just do not have the time to be part of all the anthos I want to be in and write longer works too.


I have been accepted to another few anthos that I don't have release dates for yet and a part of a series that I will post more about closer to the time of release. I'm running at just over an 80% acceptance rate over the last 6 months so if it stays the same and I sub to the anthos on my list I will still have lots more coming your way as I focus on something longer.


Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment