Wednesday 3 August 2016

General ramblings and updates

I've never been great at using blogs or Twitter or even Facebook to be honest. I realize I am getting old when I say I preferred the days of Bebo and message boards. The old Richard Laymon and Brian Keene message boards were two of the most fun places a horror reader could hang around in the old days. Brian Keene tried to revive his message board about a year back if I remember correctly but I went on a few times and it just wasn't the same. I seen him mention recently on his website that he was switching to an email newsletter as were most authors because everyone spent the majority of their time on Facebook these days. Facebook algorithms means that there is no guarantee that even fifty percent of the people on your page will see your post. He's right of course. I spend hours a day randomly scrolling through the newsfeed on FB and rarely see much of interest. I mainly use it as a source of finding new books or authors and keeping up to date with anthologies looking for submissions. Anyway as others seem to be moving away from blogs I am only starting to use mine. Each to their own. I've only set up my Twitter account in the last week but it seems pretty easy to use and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm actually finding a lot more things of interest on Twitter.


Other than messing around online with social media I have been continuing to write and reading quite a bit. I'm still working on a novella with J.C.Michael that I think was around 22000 words when I last sent it back to him but we still have a good bit of the way to go with it. I'll post future updates regarding our progress.


I'm also writing another solo novella that at the moment I'm calling Hollow Earth but this may change.


The next anthology to come out containing one of my stories is called A Door Appeared by Sinister Saints Press. My story is called 'Worzels Woes'. While I really enjoyed writing the story for this antho I'm not a big fan of the cover. See below.




I don't have release dates for all the anthos I am in yet but this one will come out on the 15 of August but you can preorder from Horrified Press just now. I'm not sure which of the other anthos I am in will drop next so I will just post more when I have confirmed dates.

I'm currently reading the Kids anthology by Dark Chapter Press which has been pretty good so far. I have a few books on my TBR pile that are calling out to me but I'm not sure what I will start next. It's between these three.


I'm sure all three will be great. I just need to decide which comes first. I'm thinking GodBomb! for the simple reason I haven't read any of Kit's work yet.

That's about it for today. I'll be back with more updates soon.

Kev



No comments:

Post a Comment